Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Style
St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated by most everyone whether you are Irish or not. What originally started out as a feast day for the patron saint of Ireland, St. Patrick, was actually a very tame holiday in Ireland when pubs even closed on March 17th. Today, many wear green and eat, drink and be merry.
Orange County is home to some of the best Irish pubs in Southern California, so what better way to spend St. Patrick’s Day than with a traditional pub crawl. Gather some of your friends, coworkers, or family, and enjoy a chauffeured limousine to the pubs of your choice. Not sure what’s available in the Orange County area? Here are a list of just some of our favorites – all of them will be fully decked out and celebrating in the traditional Irish style!
- Branagan’s Irish Pub – This classic, traditional pub is located in the heart of downtown Fullerton. With over 30 different beers, including many imported straight from Ireland, classic Irish menu fare such as lamb stew, and corned beef and cabbage, along with a whiskey selection said to be the largest in the Orange county area, you won’t go wrong making this pub a must visit on St. Patrick’s Day.
- The Harp Inn – Calling itself the “most authentic Irish pub in Orange County,” the Harp Inn is tucked away in downtown Costa Mesa. Offering music, hearty pub food (bangers anyone?), a variety of Irish beers naturally and much more, this 20 year old establishment has an energetic atmosphere that truly knows how to celebrate its Irish heritage.
- Silky Sullivan’s Restaurant and Irish Pub – named for Silky Sullivan (1955-1977) which has been called the greatest “come from behind” stretch runner in horse racing history, this iconic restaurant and bar was voted best Irish Pub in Orange County by CitySearch. Established 28 years ago, here you will find spirits, a wide selection of beers, a varied menu, music and dancing. Located in the old Fountain Valley Post Office, add this to your St. Patrick’s Day pub crawl.
- Muldoon’s Irish Pub – Located in Newport Beach, this one of a kind Irish pub opened its ivy covered doors in 1974. While Muldoon’s boasts two distinct pubs, outdoor patio and quaint dining room, it’s ambiance is pure Ireland. With music, fireplace, great food from the motherland, as well as amazing drinks not to mention a wide selection of Irish beers, this popular spot will be packed this St. Patrick’s Day with those seeking a truly memorable celebration.
- Malarky’s Irish Pub – With their motto, “There are no strangers here, only friends you haven’t yet met,” by William Butler Yeats, Malarky’s is a festive Irish pub that offers great fun year round, but particularly on St. Patrick’s Day. In the past, they have had bagpipers walk the tables while guests toast with their whiskey, green beer or their favorite beverage. A few years ago Malarky’s went under new ownership and did some redecorating, including installing a traditional copper bar.
How else can you heighten your Irish pub crawl this St. Patrick’s Day? Make sure you and your guests are decked out in your green attire, and make a playlist of traditional Irish party music to listen in your reserved limousine. Here are some songs worth downloading:
- Whiskey in a Jar by The Dubliners.
- Finnegan’s Wake by Christy Moore
- When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
- Whiskey’s Bailey’s Guinness – BarleyJuice
- Drink It Up Men – The Dubliners
- Beer, Beer, Beer – The Clancy Brothers
- Dicey Riley – The Dublin City Ramblers
- The Rocky Road To Dublin – The High Kings
Finally, and with any special event, leave the driving to the professionals. Let The Perfect Limo pick you up at your destination, and get you safely home. Without a doubt, St. Patrick’s Day should be enjoyed as it is intended, celebrating with good friends in a comfortable environment.